Copper River - Wild Alaska - Sockeye Salmon - Portions - Frozen - Alaska USA
Copper River Sockeye Salmon - the worlds finest pure wild & sustainable salmon. Different flavour than the King or Coho, due to different wild diet, still gorgeous and some prefer it.
Portions: various sizes for the fillet and the tail portion. Each portion is skin on, individually vacuum packed.
Copper River Salmon is considered the Finest Salmon in the World because it's Omega 3 fat content is much higher than other wild salmon, it need those nutritious reserves to travel more than 300 miles up river to it's original spawning grounds in ancient glaciers. The Copper River salmon are also one of the actively managed sustainable wild salmon resources on the planet, no fishing is allowed until enough fish have made it to the spawning grounds each season to sustain the species.
Sockeye has a stronger and more unique flavour than the King or Coho from Copper River. It is also a leaner fish, so lighter cooking than the other two.
- Copper River Wild Alaska Salmon is recognised as the Finest Salmon in the World, exclusive to growsFresh.
- This product is graded A1 - the finest grade for Alaskan Salmon.
- The golden salmon logo authenticates this product as being from Copper River. The Alaska Seafood logo authenticates it is from Alaska.
- growsFresh sources this product directly exclusively into Hong Kong from the Copper River fishermen out of Cordova Alaska, where we have visited and can verify the the quality with which the fishermen treat the fish - only the finest grade is made available.
- Unlike farmed salmon the deep rich red orange colour comes from the diet they eat, almost entirely on plankton in the wild.
- Sockeye are the most abundant salmon harvested from the Copper River season from May to August. Averaging about 6 pounds each and boasting a deep red color, full flavor and texture.
- Key Features
- Defrost in fridge overnight before use
- Can be stored up to 6 months in freezer
- Each fillet has skin on and pin bone out. Individually Vacuum Packed (IVP) for your convenience
Nutritional Profile for a 7 ounce serving of Copper River sockeye:
Sat. Fat: 4g