Healthybake - Organic Sourdough - Mini Rolls - Ancient Grains - Australian
Organic sourdough bread rolls with whole ancient grains. No artifical additives or GMO's.
- Pack: 12 per 500g pack
There is no official definition of ancient grains. All whole grains in the larger sense are ancient grains they all can trace their roots back to the beginnings of time.
This means that modern wheat (constantly bred and changed) is not an ancient grain, while einkorn, emmer/farro, Kamut®, and spelt would be considered ancient grains in the wheat family. Heirloom varieties of other common grains such as black barley, red and black rice, blue corn might also be considered ancient grains. Other grains largely ignored until recently by Western palates (such as sorghum, teff, millet, quinoa, amaranth) would also be widely considered to be ancient grains. Sometimes less common grains, like buckwheat, or wild rice, are also included.
- Healthybake is an Australian family owned and operated group that produces a range of delicious organic healthy breads, both wheat alternative and gluten free that are suitable for people with existing bread intolerances, including gluten & wheat allergies, or diabetes (low relative GI index).
- It is a credit to Sue and her family to have focused on traditional bread making techniques and inputs, using organic ingredients and baking using traditional sourdough. Without any of the modified wheat and gluten and other additives now found in most commercial bread. Additionally all bread inputs have no genetically modified organisms.
- We have received good feedback already on these bread products from customers who have intolerances to modern breads. Many thanks to Sue and her family who are making the effort each week to export their wonderful products for the first time with Growsfresh.
- It may take a week or so to get used to the bread, it is not the super soft high GI breads we may be used to, see if you can get the kids to stick with it for school lunches. The low GI index for the Healthybake breads should also help the attention span of the littles after lunch in school, where some commercial breads can cause an insulin spike and leave the kids flat in the afternoon.
- Storage: Healthybake suggest, because Hong Kong can be quite humid, to store your bread in the freezer if you are not eating it on arrival day. Healthybake can be frozen and refrozen without problem. If no room in the freezer, leave the remaining loaf in a cool place in the pantry, Hong Kong humidity is not bread's friend, and contrary to popular belief try not to store the bread in the fridge as it will send it stale within days.
- Key Features
- Fresh - store in cool, dry conditions away from sunlight
- Can be stored up to 6 months in freezer
- Click here for recipes
- More recipes...
Certified Organic Spelt Flour, Certified Organic Khorasan Flour, Filtered Water, Olive Oil, Gluten, Sunflower Seeds, Linseed, Sesame Seed, Poppy Seed, Sea Salt, Sour Dough Culture (Contains Acidophilus & Bifidus).
Servings Per Package:12
|AVE. QUANTITY PER SERVE||% DAILY INTAKE PER SERVE*||AVE. QUANTITY PER 100G|
|Dietary Fibre total||3.3g||11%||7.9g|