Healthybake - Organic Sourdough - Bread - Wholemeal Khorasan - Australian
Khorasan wheat or Oriental wheat, commercially known as kamut. It is an ancient grain type; This grain is twice the size of modern-day wheat and is known for its rich, nutty flavor.
- Healthybake is an Australian family owned and operated group that produces a range of delicious organic healthy breads, both wheat alternative and gluten free that are suitable for people with existing bread intolerances, including gluten & wheat allergies, or diabetes (low relative GI index).
- It is a credit to Sue and her family to have focused on traditional bread making techniques and inputs, using organic ingredients and baking using traditional sourdough. Without any of the modified wheat and gluten and other additives now found in most commercial bread. Additionally all bread inputs have no genetically modified organisms.
- We have received good feedback already from some of you on the products who have had intolerances to modern breads, many thanks, and thanks to Sue and her family who are making the effort each week to export their wonderful products for the first time with growsFresh.
- Healthybake generally bake premium bread products using ancient grains including, spelt, khorasan, oat, millet, barley and rye and more recently developed superfoods, high protein and FODMAP friendly organic bread.
- It may take a week or so to get used to the bread, it is not the super soft high GI breads we may be used to, see if you can get the kids to stick with it for school lunches. The low GI index for the Healthybake breads should also help the attention span of the littles after lunch in school, where some commercial breads can cause an insulin spike and leave the kids flat in the afternoon.
Storage: Healthybake suggest, because Hong Kong can be quite humid, to store your bread in the freezer if you are not eating it on arrival day. Healthybake can be frozen and refrozen without problem. If no room in the freezer, leave the remaining loaf in a cool place in the pantry, Hong Kong humidity is not bread's friend, and contrary to popular belief try not to store the bread in the fridge as it will send it stale within days.
- Key Features
- Fresh - store in cool, dry conditions away from sunlight
- Can be stored up to 6 months in freezer
- Click here for recipes
- More recipes...
Organic Wholemeal Khorasan Flour, Filtered Water, Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Sourdough Culture (Contains Acidophilus & Bifidus).
Servings Per Package:11
|AVE. QUANTITY PER SERVE||% DAILY INTAKE PER SERVE*||AVE. QUANTITY PER 100G|
|Dietary Fibre total||3.8g||13%||6.0g|